Monday, January 4, 2016

Amsterdam Airbnb

 photo DSCF2196low_zps7mjv28jd.jpg

You guys! This is the cute Airbnb I stayed at in Amsterdam late last year. Do you die? I die!

Click over here to see more. My trip to Lithuania came about all of a sudden so I had to book accommodation for my little side trip to Amsterdam at rather short notice. How on earth I got so lucky to find this gem, I have no idea.

I've put my review down at the bottom of this post, but here are a few shots of the studio apartment.

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.40.27 AM_zpstoue4dx2.png

O. M. G. Do you know what it was like going into a Western supermarket and stocking up on Western goodies. BLUE CHEESE guys!!! And DIPS!!! Dips, yo! And the best packaging!

 photo DSCF2330low_zpsdlisgbjq.jpg

So many pretty colours. Making my lunch, with all of these incredible ingredients, gah, I could have stayed forever. The thought did cross my mind.

 photo DSCF2306low_zpsx9l7kosg.jpg


 photo DSCF2201low_zpsegc3hsov.jpg

 photo DSCF2245low_zpsponul5ma.jpg

 photo DSCF2210low_zpst3xbja3t.jpg

Nienke left this adorbs card and a stack of Stroopwafles. OMG, how did I not know about Stroopwafles already?

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.22 AM_zpsc94wud6x.png

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.42 AM_zps283chzsl.png

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.07 AM_zpsymoe1sye.png

"It's me, Skinny Orange"

And, yes, of course I bought Dubbelvla just for that packaging. But as my friend Bjorn suggested, it was in fact, delicious.

 photo DSCF2239low_zpsrqcenp76.jpg

My apartment looked out over this rooftop, which I could also walk out onto. SHUT UP, right?

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.40.11 AM_zpscaoppejj.png

Bedside details. It was always 10 o'clock, though. Hah.

 photo DSCF2364low_zpsr3qy7qwc.jpg

I woke up to the most incredible sunlight every morning.

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.39.55 AM_zpsv66mmh8x.png

And then I would make drip coffee and pour my well-designed-milk-packaging-milk into my coffee.


 photo DSCF2224low_zpshwohhgf2.jpg

I'd listen to tunes on this cute retro radio.

 photo DSCF2278low_zpsejiazcub.jpg

I'd light a candle, pour a glass of wine and bathe in this gigantic brand new spa bath whilst reading monocle.

 photo DSCF2281low_zpsejkybs9b.jpg

This is the view from the bathroom. Ridic, right?

 photo DSCF2324low_zpsehfpbupw.jpg

 photo Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.40.41 AMlow_zpsd2bbtg4e.png

If you're looking for a little European getaway I can't recommend this apartment enough.

 photo DSCF2521low_zpsrrlwywd2.jpg


Here is my Airbnb review:

Oh my goodness this place was sooooo hard to say goodbye to. If you're coming to Amsterdam I INSIST you stay here.

The studio is AMAZING! Ridiculously clean, beautifully sunny, impeccably styled and furnished, and stocked with the best essentials. The daylight that pours into this amazing top floor apartment will fill you with joy every day. It was hard to leave the apartment and explore Amsterdam. I just wanted to sit in the cute apartment, drink coffee, look out the window and listen to the cute retro radio.

The entire apartment is recently renovated so in perfect condition, and the bathroom is just WOW. Enjoy taking a soak in the giant tub while looking out over the park.

Upon arrival I was met by the sweetest Jordy who carried my gigantic suitcase up the stairs for me. We stood chatting for a while and he showed me all of the essentials such as how to operate a Dutch washing machine! He reminded me of my best friend and I felt instantly at home. Nienke and I emailed almost every day while I was there. Incredible communication! I would ask for an iron and it would instantly appear on my stairs! Or I would do a load of washing and Jordy would bring up a clothes drying rack for me. They were both so friendly that we ended up meeting for glasses of wine and Nienke even invited me down for drinks with her friends. For me it was perfect. So homey!

I fell in love with all of the cute plates and cups that Nienke had stocked the cupboards with and spent half of my morning instagramming shots from the apartment. As I was leaving Nienke offered to give me some of the plates! She is just the sweetest ever. Upon arrival there was a stash of Stroopwaffles for me. OMG. They were gone in a flash. And a beautiful handwritten vintage postcard. When it was time to say goodbye to Nienke I think we must have hugged about eight times. Haha.

It's super easy to get to the center of town from here either by walking, tram or rental bike. But, trust me, this place is so cute you won't want to leave. The perfect place to stay in Amsterdam and I will definitely be back.

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Gawd I LOVED Amsterdam!!
    Maybe all airBnBs are very nice there..ours was too.
    Seafood Bar is a must eat place for next trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ebony! Happy New Year OMG i LOVE LOVE LOVE ur pictures!!! They are so beautifully shot. That little apartment is soooo cute it doesn't look real. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos always make everything look so amazing and fun! I didn't know about Stroopwafles until I moved to NY...they have them in every grocery store here! Amsterdam (and pretty much all of Europe) is totally on my list to visit --maybe if I get really lucky to move there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So in love with the place you stayed!!! It looks like it came straight out of Pinterest and Tumblr photos hehe Glad you enjoyed your stay!

    ReplyDelete